Friday, May 08, 2009

Skillet drippings


If any of you trekked to Clarks Creek to enjoy a spring bath with me, I offer my apologies. I played caution against clean hide and caution won. There was lightning in the area and I feared for my safety, so I did not go to the Peter Hole for cleansing. I will do it when the rainy weather moderates.
----
I rode with Carolyn to Bristol, VA this morning; she had to take a floor machine there for repairs. That alone says a lot for this one horse town I live in; not one vacuum or janitorial equipment repair shop to be found, and Kingsport doesn't have one either. The combined population ot the Tri-Cities is well over 100k, yet I see little reason for them to be here. There is only one locally owned janitorial supply dealer in the area, and it is in Elizabethton. As we said in the early 60's: Deadsville, dad!
----
Nearly all the bailout money has been given to Wall Street, so where will the new assistance come from? Same place as the other; the US Treasury. We as taxpayers will end up buying nearly worthless shares of these deadbeat corporations, and at premium prices. With the bailout money—if the banks go bankrupt—the treasury would be the first in line to get whatever funds and assets that are available. If we are forced by the government to buy stock, we are taking a risk like any other shareholder, an they will most likely be non-voting shares. There is no relief in sight for the American people until we rise up and declare an economic revolution. I want to be the first, and right here and right now, to declare war on the United States of America's financial system. What does that mean? Damned if I know, but I said it!
----

Powered by ScribeFire.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are brave Ken, if you declare war with financial system.

For many years we (Poles) did everything to have hard domestic currency. Economic reforms in 90’s were painful for of all us. Today the zloty exchange rate is excellent; nevertheless our government tries to convince us that euro will be better for us. Well, I'm skeptic. I spent my vacation in courtiers with euro and in my opinion they are a bit expansive. Besides I love our domestic currency. First changes we introduced after communism were tied with zloty. It was a national war for a strong zloty. We won this war, so I do not miss euro.

Yes, it not easy to understand financial system. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I fear that sooner or later so much pressure will come from the other EU countries that Poland will have to give up the zloty. A nation's currency is a reflection of its people and heritage, so hold out as long as possible. :-)

Blog Archive