Thursday, May 21, 2009

Ozone


Not a lot happening today; Carolyn is threatening to make goulash and is slicing strawberries for desert. I am doing a little R&R, waiting for the outside air to warm enough for porch sitting. Speaking of that, I believe we have developed an ozone hole in the sky above our house; the sun almost rips the hide off after being exposed to it for a few minutes. I sat on the porch nearly everyday last summer, and finally got a little tan just before fall. So far this year, I've sat out there for a total of just a few hours and have lightly burned and tanned more already than all of last year. Even the ants are detouring to the shady lanes. If there is an ozone anomaly above my piece of paradise, it probably comes from the methane gas emissions from my bean eating family. Of course, I am of delicate constitution and genteel rearing and do not participate in such barbaric activities.
----
Chris quit her job last Friday, and has no prospects for another. She, JJ, Carolyn, and I are trying to exist on Carolyn's meager income and my small SS check. A year ago, it would have been barely possible to do so, but Carolyn has lost so much income and prices have gone so high that it will now be stretching the imagination to think we can still do it. Well, I will look at the bright side and say that if the fretting doesn't kill us, we should live forever.
----
Goin' to sit on the porch now ...

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Blog Archive