Sunday, May 24, 2009

Riding


I took a needed day off from the net. Carolyn and I drove around the countryside to some of our favorite local places. We stopped at a produce market at the junction of Hwy's. 81S and 107 where she bought a few tomatoes, onions, and potatoes. From there we drove to Erwin so I could make a photo of a church I had noticed on an earlier visit; nothing special, but it appealed to my sense of being a little different from the local norm. We left there and drove some back roads to Elizabethton where we cleaned the bank. From there, we traveled on to Siam and Wilbur and on up to Wilbur Lake and the Watauga dam, but we did not stop at either as it was getting late and I wanted to make my way back to the old Wilbur iron bridge for maybe the last time before it is demolished, being replaced by a modern and ugly two-lane concrete affair. My timing was pretty good as I made a few shots of the sun about to set behind the bridge and hills. Two other people stopped and photographed the historic structure while I was doing my thing. One guy was complaining about the sun washing out everything in his shots, so I showed him how to set his point-and-shoot camera to get the best possible exposure; he was one happy fellow. These were the kind of shots where a graduated neutral-density filter would have been perfect to get a good exposure, but I do not have one. A few adjustments in Paintshop Pro made the results acceptable.
----
Not much going on today; I slept-in this morning, and Carolyn is preparing pot roast, corn on-the-cob, baked potatoes, and other goodies for our evening meal. Other than writing this and catching up on Flickr, all I am doing is working with a few of the photos I made yesterday. One of them I really like, but am having a problem making the contrast right.
----
Thanks my friends for your notes supporting me as I had a bad day or two; everything is going to be fine, and your kind words were a boon to my well being.
----

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Blog Archive