Saturday, May 30, 2009

At the creek


The yard sale has finally begun; Ashley is off work today, Chris has not found a job, and Carolyn is Carolyn. The best part is that (so far) it is a clear and sunny day; we have had unsettled weather for nearly two weeks, and the crisp blue skies are very refreshing to my tired, old eyes.
----
I went to the creek for my spring cleansing and arrived there before 10:00 last evening, did my thing, and was back home by midnight. I cannot believe the water was still that cold this late in the season, and the air temperature had dropped to 55ºf (13c) by the time I removed my naked and shivering carcass from the creek. I shriveled so much when I entered the water that I probably lost two dress sizes. I noticed that the Environmental Protection Agency has upgraded the water quality monitoring station just downstream from my bathing site, so I made sure to pee in the creek just before leaving the scene. Eight months of built-up crud from my body along with the residue from the lye soap, plus the pee, and maybe an innocent poot (I do not like to say "fart" as it sounds so common) or two while I was immersed should make the alarms go off when the data is downloaded into a government computer. I expect to soon receive another letter from the EPA expressing their displeasure. All things considered, I do feel and smell better than I did yesterday, and when the weather warms, I will go back for my summer cleansing.
----
I do not have any decent photos to upload to Flickr, so I will probably not be visiting that site as much as usual. Maybe I can find something from by-gone days to post; if not, it isn't a big deal except for the fact the art world will come to a halt without my offerings of genius-like works. I will still comment on a few of my closest contact's photos and look at a lot more. I really do not have prospects of making any decent shots for at least until next weekend unless Carolyn feels better tomorrow and maybe we can arrange to picnic at Limestone Cove or maybe Roan Mountain.
----
The Smoking Gun's
Mugshots of the Week!


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Blog Archive