Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 2009


Happy Mother's Day to moms everywhere and every when.

Although it is another "special day" contrived solely on greed by corporate America, it is probably the best and most meaningful of the non-major holidays.
----
I felt badly yesterday and took to the bed at 3:30pm after returning from Elizabethton with Carolyn. I was asleep by 8:30, and did not get up until 8:30 this morning. I feel some better, but not great.
----
A little known fact ...
The first testicular guard was used in cricket in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974.
It took 100 years for men to realize that the brain is also important.
----
The Smoking Gun's Mugshots of the Week!!!!
----



Powered by ScribeFire.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today is Sunday, but for me it is hard-working day. I was writing for my boss a concept of website for inhabitants of Warsaw who have children of special educational needs. This website (it’s partly built) will contain all addresses they need and descriptions of help offered by our city. I’m really glad of my work.

Ken, my dear friend, I hope you will be well next week. Please take care of yourself. Your health is so gentle.
Pa. :-))

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jola. I will be fine in a day or two. :-)

It is a wonderful and rewarding task in helping the special needs children. Your boss picked the right person for this work; you not only are a professional, but a woman of deep compassion for the children. :-)

Blog Archive