Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Dullsville


Another dull day in a string of many. Not much to do at the computer, and the weather is too iffy to settle outside for any length of time. Carolyn made her weekly visit to the hairdresser, and we went to Piney Flats to pick up a key. A meal of hot dogs made our breakfast, dinner, and supper; I am beginning to tire of that particular breed of canine.
----
I discovered a photo of a plastic Sprite soft drink bottle that I made a week or so ago, and decided to do some digitizing on it. Although I dearly love flower photos, I am becoming a bit weary of making them and posting them here and on Flickr, so a little something different was pressing my buttons. After about 30 minutes with PsP, I came up with a conglomeration I like, but do not think it will be well received on Flickr. It seems most people using that site are satisfied with "straight" photography, and so am I, but I do like to see some different things created and presented from time to time. The above is a grayscale version of the doodle. It must be seen large and is best viewed on a black background.
----
Carolyn will have a rough night; one of the crew is going to be out, and she has to do that special cleaning for one of her old accounts. I do not expect her home before 2:00am. Chris was going to help her, but she has come down with flu or something and is in bed. I want Carolyn to retire and try to have a little bit of a life, but she will instead allow the work to kill her. I am beginning to think she dreads being with me for any length of time, and I am a pain in the ass when I get to pouting at full song.
----


Powered by ScribeFire.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should not be afraid that others wouldn’t receive your work well. You are among friends who understand you. Each of us has own needs in this case and we use Flickr to express it. My photos are only "straight" but I agree with you that sometimes is also good to see something unusual.

Your work is interesting, Ken. I like your your description of making flowers in your childhood too. I do not work at night as Carolyn, but I have also such fear that my work soon kill me.

It was nice to read your blog remarks. My hugs to you – j.

Anonymous said...

Ah, my friend Jola.

I do not worry much about how well my photos are received on Flickr or anywhere. I am a bit of a free spirit and shoot whatever interests me. At one time I wanted to be a photographic artist, and probably could have been, but now it is all for my amusement and I dearly love the things I and others can do with the digital stuff.

Besides making paper flowers, I also did embroidery; I found it very relaxing and I could still be creative. My dad didn't like the idea of me doing girl's things, and the other boys (and some girls) made fun of me, but I managed to live through it. :-)

One must work, but I hope you can find time to breathe; if you become disabled or worse from your work, what have you gained?

Hugs to you, my friend.

Blog Archive