Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Near tragedy


I spent most of yesterday morning printing photos; in fact I printed until the machine ran out of ink. Hopefully, I will go to Michaels and buy some black, white, and light-beige mat board, and have some simple frames cut. With some luck, Carolyn and I can still cut the mats with the little hand cutter I bought while in college. All these years and I have only six or seven of my photos on the walls. I may try to sell a few of them at some local street shows, and if they don't sell, my relatives will be getting them as presents on various occasions.
----
I drove Carolyn over to Fall Branch and back to Boones Creek to do the little branch banks, and on the way home I drove to the park near our house. It was about 8:00pm and the sunlight angle was becoming close to horizontal. Near the park entrance on Antioch road, there was the largest single mass of Ox-eyed daisies I have ever seen. The grounds had been freshly mowed, but the groundskeeper must have seen the beauty of these lovlies and left them to be enjoyed by others. I made several photos trying to get the best of the warm light. When I got home, I noticed I had not cleaned up my SD card for sometime, and I began deleting unused folders and files. Of course, I managed to delete the very folder where my fresh photos were. Be assured, these small plug-n-play devices do not have a recycle bin that is easily found. After a moment of panic, I rememberd a utility I had downloaded just a few weeks earlier and was installed on a an usb memory stick. I plugged it in and found what I needed, a small file recovery utility. I put it to work, and within 10 minutes, I had all my photo files back and intact. I today looked for a link to the set of utilities so I could post it here for you, but it is no longer online; something about a squabble with the different utility creators over download sites. The set of small freeware programs have undeleters, defragmenters, and a whole lot more. I will keep an eye out and if they come back online, I will post the url.
----
I hope to get caught up on Flickr after I post this blog.



Powered by ScribeFire.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

perfect daisies

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Anonymous.

Blog Archive