Sunday, June 08, 2008




Yesterday, Carolyn and I went to Limestone and the back roads around the Greene county and Washington county line. It was an interesting day, as I found some decent photo ops. We saw a raccoon, a doe, wild turkey, and a red tail hawk. Also some wild looking people. As in Limestone, the old bank and train station in Chuckey are still standing, although not being used.
----
For reasons I won't get into right now, Carolyn has decided not to retire yet. It is against my wishes, but then, what isn't? I suppose she will have to learn the hard way that it is time to give up some things to gain others.
----
Jo had three boxes of expensive laminate flooring left from a job, and he came over this morning and installed them in our hallway. We had to buy a couple more boxes to have enough, but it does look good. He is supposed to put carpet in the office next weekend, and I dread it. The computers and office equipment will all have to be unhooked and moved out, along with the furnishings. I will probably be off the air for two or three days trying to get things back in order.
----

2 comments:

Mark said...

I have always thought an old bank, store or church would make a great house. I gather your allergies have subsided.

KenA said...

Hi, Mark.
Carolyn and I were talking about how great a house it would be, although the front door is only about 10 yards from the Norfolk-Southern main line.

The allergies seem to be on the wane... storms have settled the pollen a bit...

Blog Archive