Friday, June 27, 2008




Nothing of note to report this day. Had my visit with the doctor, and got my shot. Nothing of particular interest wrong with me. Just old and tired. Been a little queasy in the stomach for some reason this afternoon. Tenseness, I suppose.
----
I should be happy, but I find I am not most of the time. Life always has its mistakes waiting for each of us to fall into, but mine have been coming fast and furious the past few weeks. Reacting without thinking has plagued me all my life, but I thought I had mellowed some over the past few years and was seeing things a little differently than when I was younger. Trust me; I don't believe in fate or any other deities, but I do believe the setup of our genes and DNA predisposes us to do certain things in life. Of course these biological things make us look the way we do, and to a certain extent to act the way we do by compensating for how we perceive our own looks and persona. But do they control the thing we sometimes call "luck" (another deity) to any extent? Do they cause a normally intelligent person to be stupid in certain ways? Another thing I've always pondered is the fact that I was a "blue baby". Did going without breathing or having a heartbeat for many minutes after birth affect whom I am? I will probably never know, and if I did receive a revelation, it would make little difference. I may have lost the blue pallor of the skin, but the "blues" went all the way to my heart and have never left. I guess I'm just feeling philosophical today, and with any luck, it will pass.

No comments:

Blog Archive