Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Bo Diddley




As a lot of Americans pondered whom the new horses-ass shall be that will lead this nation on its next step into oblivion, a great man passed from us on Monday, June 2. Legendary blues-rocker Bo Diddley died at age 79. He was one of the most influential musicians of the 20th century, helping more than anyone to integrate the new rock-and-roll of the 1950s with original Delta blues and the more progressive style Chicago blues. Through that work, he also helped to integrate the races of this once proud nation.
----
Hillary Clinton probably won't be the next president of the US. That is a good thing.
Either Barack Obama or John McCain will probably become president of the US. That is a bad thing. Poop is poop, anywhere you shovel it.
----
Speaking of things that stink, I've decided to go to the creek tonight and have my annual spring bath. The air is plenty warm, and the creek is full of fresh, mountain water. Four times a year, I make this pilgrimage to cleanse myself of the impurities of living. Being naked in the woods, along with ritual of symbolically cleansing the spirit in nature's goodness, is invigorating and revitalizing. Come join me sometime and experience with me my personal religion.
----
My eyesight has improved over the past two days. The cloudy skies help a lot. These darn allergies make my eyes super-sensitive to sunlight. Grass pollen is the worst culprit at the present, I suppose.

2 comments:

Mark said...

You need to check out this version of "Who Do You Love" from the The Band and Ronnie Hawkins. It is from the movie "The Last Waltz" which I think is one the greatest rock movies ever, if not the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn0SngXfzKk

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I love that movie. It has come from being a rock documentary to a cult sort of thing and is now being recognized as the best rock movies ever. I burned a copy off of VH-1. What gets me is that the Hawk isn't a household name here like he is in Canada. "Sir Ronnie" is a good nickname for him.

Blog Archive