Wednesday, June 25, 2008


Rhododendron in Dennis Cove

I have been terribly lazy this week, and enjoyed every minute of it. My accomplishments for today were sit on the porch and soak up some sun. First time this year I metaphorically let it all hang out by rolling my shorts legs up high as they would go and removing my shirt. Just sat and soaked. Felt much better and relaxed afterward. In fact, I liked it so well, I went back to the same perch just as the sun was setting and welcomed the twilight and finally, darkness. I'll do it all again tomorrow if the weather permits it. Friday I have to go to the arthritis doc for my quarterly checkup.
----
Carolyn has to work Saturday, and we are talking about going to Bay's Mountain Park on Sunday for another picnic. Neither of us have ever been there, but I hear it is an enjoyable place. That's another thing I like about living in East Tennessee: There are so many places to go and get away from home for awhile.
----
This will be the last weekend this year before summer sets in heavy and hot. It appears our drought is back in full force and no real relief in sight. With the weather patterns not changing dramatically to where we can get sufficient precipitation, I look for this area to become at least semi-arid. Yes, that means a desert. Will our magnificent forests be replaced by scrub thickets? Maybe it won't be a Sahara or Death Valley, but it may get bad.

No comments:

Blog Archive