Thursday, June 26, 2008




In June 1968, I did something stupid and swore that I would never do it again. While attending the Spring National drag races at Bristol's Thunder Valley, I managed to get the top of my feet sunburned ... severely! I had to miss two day's work due to blistering and skin loss. My feet have had a brown and white mottled look ever since. Today, I took my shoes and socks off while I was lying on the chaise lounge. It was only for a few minutes to soak some heat into my sore and aching feet, or so I thought. Of course, I snoozed. Well, not exactly snoozed; I went sound asleep. Thirty minutes later when I awoke to the smell of roasting meat, it was too late. Although not as bad as the '68 crisis, I will still be very sore tomorrow and probably shed some skin.
----
Other than that lovely time, I did nothing again today. I'm beginning to like this retirement thing. Nothing to do and you can do as much as you like whenever you want. Actually, I ain't excatly retired. Things are just slow in the business of janitoring, so I get some unusual down time.
----
Back tomorrow, if I can walk this far!

No comments:

Blog Archive