Wednesday, June 18, 2008




Not much happening today. I've come to the realization the monitor I've had for two days is a dog. There is just no way I can get it to go to true grayscale. I've been working with it since I got it, and I can get it close, but close isn't good enough for photographs. Even with the color turned to zero, there is still a slight reddish tint. So, sometime in the next day or so, it is going back to Office Depot. I will probably exchange it for the same model, as it is the only 24" they have in the store. I expect the new one will be no better. If so, I will return it and ask for a refund and go elsewhere.

Good, big monitors are difficult to find in my price range, which is cheap minus $50. Samsung has one I like, but it is $150 more than the Acer I just bought. Besides, I have a Samsung tv that is only two years old and it stays tore up.

As long as this crap comes crawling out of China at cut rate prices, we smart, thrifty thinking Americans will buy it by the shiploads. If it were up to me, I'd tariff the hell out of that junk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the way you keep adding picutures from Saturday. Nic doesn't look very happy.
The girls are sorta smiling in theirs. Keep up the good work.
Alice

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Alice.
I believe this is the only one of Nic I got... he didn't hang around too much. I'll see what i can come up with.

Blog Archive