Monday, June 23, 2008




Another of my heroes and a true American Patriot has died. George Carlin passed yesterday of apparent heart related problems.
----
Yesterday while waiting on Carolyn to finish cleaning the building in Elizabethton, I saw three Bald Eagles playing around over Doe River. They were only about 200 yards away from me, left as quickly as they came and before I could get the camera ready. Two were adults, and the other I took to be a juvenile. That is the closest I've ever been to the magnificent birds, and only the second time in my life that I've seen such a critter.
----
Today has been slow. I've accomplished exactly squat that is important to anyone but myself. I still want to visit The Roan one day this week before the blooms all turn brown. Maybe Thursday.
----
Have a special evening, everyone... you know you deserve it!

No comments:

Blog Archive