Thursday, June 19, 2008



The new monitor isn't such a dog after all. I had to buy a new video card because I couldn't get near to the resolution of the new screen. I installed the card and it took care of the majority of the grayscale problem, along with allowing full resolution. I am much happier today.

After nearly three months, I've finally about figured out how to get some decent photos from the new Pentax.
----
Went over to the church in my old home community this afternoon and took photos, and for some reason, I always get one or two decent shots. Besides, it gives me a chance to talk to my long-gone relatives while there. They always give good advice when I ask for it, and hardly ever tell me what a sorry jackass I am. They probably talk about me behind my back, though.
----
Blackberries will be ripe in another week or so, and raspberries are ready to pick right now. Another year without enough knee stability to allow me to go picking. I sure miss it, along with the cobblers and dumplings Carolyn used to make.
----
The Rhododendron Festival is happening on and around the Roan this weekend. I may try to drive up there Monday after the weekend crowds have departed. I'd love to get some pictures in the gardens. The Roan is a fickle place, with any kind of weather one can imagine liable to happen there at anytime.
----
Happy evening everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this picture. They seem to be having a just a good time.
Alice

KenA said...

One of my favorites, too. This is from the "cake-in-the-face" part.

Blog Archive