Sunday, December 09, 2007

Got out in the rain yesterday to make a few photos, and as always, nothing remarkable was produced. By the time I got to the last location, fog had reduced visibility to less than a quarter mile, and it is still raining today.

For years, I've heard about a locally famous barbecue restaurant near Piney Flats. Finally paid it a visit while I was out, and the the food was very good. I had beef barbecue, fries, and slaw. They smoke the meat on premises, and make their own house sauce. The meat was tender and extra smoky. In fact, a little too smoky for my taste. The sauce was very good, but it had a little bite to it. I like my sauce a little sweet, but I ate all of it. The restaurant's name is Ridgewood Barbecue, and the late Benny Parsons of NASCAR fame ate there each time the big show came to Bristol Motor Speedway.

If you plan to eat in, be ready for at least an half-hour wait to be seated at a table. They have limited room, and the place is always crowded. The personnel are fabulously friendly and accommodating. I chose to get a take out, and drove to a secluded spot to have my meal.

The above photo is of Johnson City's best cafeteria, but it is now closed.

No comments:

Blog Archive