Monday, December 17, 2007

Cold. We geezers tend to stay in and stoke the fire on days like this. Ain't as much fun with a gas fueled fireplace.

Just a few more days 'til solstice; Saturday 22nd 1:08 am. You will celebrate... won't you? After all, if not for the pagan holiday rituals of winter solstice, Christmas in December would be very unlikely. Both are a celebration of a new beginning. For Christians it is fulfillment of Old Testament prophecies of the beginning of the final days. For pagans, it ends the old year and begins the new with promise of renewal and lengthening of the number daylight hours. I'll side with the pagans.

..................................

My wife found out today that Joe is married and has a kid on the way. I've got this creepy feeling all over me that says I'm going to be a pappy by proxy. This just keeps getting deeper and more foreboding. Science is beginning to believe in parallel universes; cripes, I'm living in one and I am living proof that such places exist.

No comments:

Blog Archive