Monday, December 10, 2007

Cloudy and dreary again today. I am having one tough time getting through the winter blues and Christmas blahs this year; worst I ever had. Doc offered to write a prescription for medicine, but I take so much stuff now, I don't want anymore. Unguents, ointments, spells, pills, and potions are enough to drive one to drink. Maybe some bottled spirits are what I really need. At least I won't care if the sky is gray when I take by mouth as needed.

Instead of getting a bottle of Black Jack as I planned, I bought a jug of Jim Beam. Jack is much better sipping whiskey, but I decided to drink. Don't waste Jack as a mixer when cheaper will work just as well. Beam is a good, mellow bourbon and will blend with about anything; actually anything if you are drunk to begin with. Stopped at Kroger and picked up the fixins for whiskey sours, and it is what I'm enjoying as I write this.

Even the sun came out and the temp hit 70 degrees, making me me feel better. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the mid to upper 70s. Maybe I can get through this winter after all.

No comments:

Blog Archive