Wednesday, December 19, 2007

For Becky

Why must our babies suffer? Why must our children die? This precious three year old baby died of liver cancer. Look at the beautiful, sweet smile. No, I didn't know this little one; I saw her in an obituary notice.

Is it not bad enough we are sending our kids to be killed and mangled in a piece of the world that doesn't want us there to begin with? Why can't we take the money going into making war and use it for making people healthier, including stem cell and prenatal research? We can do so; but we chose not to. It is much more convenient to ignore it and say it was God's will; after all, she wasn't our baby. Yes, she was our baby!

This Christmas, when your children are opening presents with eyes aglow, stop for a moment and think about Becky and all the other children whom are suffering and dieing without being given a chance to live. Think about the families who loved them as you love yours. I've shed my tears for Becky, and I may cry some more. I hope you have a little place in your heart for Becky and her family.

Sherry ‘Becky’ May--Age 3

No comments:

Blog Archive