Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Dear Fred

Dear Fred,

I'm going to have to say my say today, because tomorrow I will be too melancholy to write about you.

I've been thinking of you a lot lately, and I wish you were here for us to celebrate your birthday and Vanessa's birthday, and Alice's and your wedding anniversary. I'm still stumped as to how you arranged for Nessa to be born on your birthday. Probably the same way you won so many times playing cards: you cheated! Well, you were always smarter than the rest of us anyway.

Alice and Vanessa are such great people. Alice is still a lovely woman and has kept her faith when others might falter. Vanessa has grown into a beautiful woman, worked hard and earned herself a fine education, and though I haven't seen your grandchildren since they were small, they just have to be beautiful too. I think they keep Alice hopping.

I was going to say a few things about the old days, but I am starting to cry... Bless you, Bro.

Forever and ever,
Ken

No comments:

Blog Archive