Thursday, September 06, 2007

1:15 pm--Submitted the bid for the Urology Clinic, finished some paperwork, and browsed Flickr contact photos. I can't get over the high quality photography that most of my contacts are producing.

It is still hot and dry here, and no relief in the forecast. Temps hanging above 90° and humidity is ridiculously high. Lawns are dying and trees and ornamentals are stressed. High level government employees are getting richer.

I see the former Senator from Tennessee, Mr. Fred Thompson, is wanting to be president of the good old USA. His qualifications include being a lousy Senator and a mediocre TV actor. In other words, he is as good as anyone else vying for the position. He will be a good man to carry forward the programs and delusions of President Bush.

***********************************

2:32 pm--My work and usefulness for today are done, and I have time to get into some meanness.

I've decided my life has gone far enough without something more fulfilling to better my days. I have actually joined a church, yea, I am a tithing member of the Baptist denomination. I've seen my friends as happy believers, all the while I've felt sad and alone. I am now a Landover Baptist Church member. Praise! Praise!

I now feel I am a complete person, but, it leaves me in a quandary about some things. How do I explain to God that some of my best friends, both online and locally, are homosexuals? Do I have to denounce these good people? Should I minister the word of the Bible to them? And what to do about my many friends that fornicate? I don't want to lose the few supporters I have! Neither do I want The Creator putting me on His "watch" list.

All this worry about a fulfilled life is making me sad and alone again. It just isn't fair.

**********************************

4:00 pm--Had to go back to work; the woman at the urologist's office accidentally shredded our bid. That isn't a good omen!

**********************************

6:10 pm--I guess I should take Will Roger's advice: Never miss a good chance to shut up. It is so difficult for me though, because I have so much to say, even if no one listens.

A bad thing about being at the bottom of misery's well is that you know someone is going to pee on you.

No comments:

Blog Archive