Monday, September 24, 2007

Monday

Another Sunday behind me! That is what makes Mondays so delightful.

As a child, I disliked Sundays because I was forced to go to church, while the neighbor kids were able to play and be kids. As a teen, when Elvis appeared on the Ed Sullivan television show for the first time, I was at a church function and I was miserable.

After marriage, children, and domestication, Sunday was a day to fret because I had to go to work on Monday.

After finishing my electrician apprenticeship and beginning my tramp years, Sunday mornings were pensive because I knew that in a few hours I would be hitting the road and heading hundreds of miles away to provide a decent living for my family.

I LOVE Mondays!

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.
--Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Blog Archive