Saturday, December 27, 2008

Just feelin' good


12/25/2008--The most water I've ever seen
in Clark's Creek

It sure feels good to be over the Christmas blahs. We will have our Christmas meal today because Jeremy couldn't come in from Atlanta 'til now. He has a new job with Boeing and didn't want to take a chance on asking off.

I will should get the Escape back within the next week or so. I think Chris has her car problem straightened out, and it shouldn't cost her anymore than just enough to have the a/c charged.

A wondrous day! The temp is at 71°F (21.6°C) at 11:00am (16:00GMT), the sky is mostly clear, and I'm one ecstatic s.o.b.! I know Mother Nature is only teasing me with a taste of spring, but it sure eases the pain of winter.
----
My uncle Roy once told me that being old allows him to sneeze, cough, fart, and pee on himself all at the same time. He was a wise man.
----
The local sheriff's office just purchased a "late model" S.U.V. for transporting certain people to hospital and for evaluative mental health services. Seems like these citizens do not like to be hauled around in the back of a marked police car like common criminals (what is the difference between a common criminal and an uncommon one?). The price tag of the vehicle was a mere 29,000 taxpayer dollars, and they will also require specially trained officers to drive the luxury machine. We as funders of government services have been screwed again! The sheriff is a Republican, and those members (the few that are left) are supposed to be fiscally conservative. He is just another politician sucking on the lifeblood of the people whom he is duty-sworn to serve and protect! Would not it have been easier and and much less expensive to let these poor stigmatized souls ride in an unmarked county car and wear a mask to hide their identity? I wonder whom will get to take road trips and vacations via this sweet ride? My "screw you taxpayers" award goes to Washington County sheriff Ed Graybeal.
----
I saw an Associated Press article saying that "amateurs are trying genetic engineering at home". This is old hat science to me; I've been trying genetic engineering in the bedroom and back seat of cars ever since I found I had reached puberty! For the past few years my lab assistant hasn't been willing to undertake new experiments, so my endeavors have mostly been of a one-handed kind.

3 comments:

Mark said...

Hope you have a good time with family.

I would go stir crazy without a car for so long. Can not imagine it.

Strange winter so far. What odd weather event is coming next.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Mark. Everything went very well for a change.

A car is like a tv; it comes in handy occasionally.

Actually, around here this winter has been more like the old time ones. Cold, with a warm spell around solstice, and then back to cold.

Mark said...

Glad it all went well. Makes it all worth while

Blog Archive