Monday, December 15, 2008

Feelings


Ducks


A story in the local rag tells of a family struggling at Christmas. A single mother of eight children and one grandchild is disabled due to Crohn's disease which was diagnosed 14 years ago.

This brings up some questions in my Grinch-like and bah-humbug soul. Why does a woman in this modern day have eight children? Birth control methods and abstinence still exist don't they? Well, abstinence probably is way out dated (except in my case; I'm married), but the pill is still widely available last I heard. Why did she keep having kids for ten years after being diagnosed with this debilitating and sometimes deadly disease? Where is the father of these children, or their individual fathers? The oldest child is 18 and one of the older children is either the father or mother of this woman's grandchild. Where is the father or mother of this little one? The article is about the newspaper's Christmas box for needy families, and I can't imagine anyone needing help more than do these small children. The mothers—or father—are a different story, but one cannot help the kids without aiding the parents. My thoughts are this: Ladies and gentlemen, if you have no intention of properly caring for the welfare of any kids that you may ever have, then don't have them. Simple!

There are mothers and fathers struggling whom have fought the good fight and tried to provide a decent home for their families, yet many of them will fall through the cracks of generosity and not get the help they need and deserve. I see too many of these situations each day, and the welfare system is straining every American taxpayer and our charitable morality, and it only gets worse.

I believe these "hit and run" fathers should be castrated and made to support their children or face time on a chain-gang. I also believe these prolific mothers should be sterilized after their third unwed welfare child is born.
----
As you may imagine from reading the above, I did not sleep well last night. While lying awake pondering this and other weighty issues, I began wondering what I would need for regular sleep like normal people say they get. One thing I do love is a pitch-dark bedroom. No light of any kind! Even though I have normal human anxieties (fears) about being in complete darkness, it is not bothersome in the safety and comfort of my home bedroom. Another thing I want is complete quiet in the room. The normal night sounds of of nature filtering in are ok, but any sound inside the house is sure to either waken me or keep me from going to sleep. Snoring and farting are two problems I haven't been able to control. Another thing I desire is adequate ventilation in the room. I detest stale air and the ambiance of the above mentioned flatulence.

If you want to sleep with me, you must not have any phobias concerning darkness, you should love peace and quiet, and you should get used to feeling your way. In my dark bed, their will be lots and lots of feeling.

2 comments:

Mark said...

I usually do not sleep well. I find that I sleep better when I am away from home.

Anonymous said...

I'm the opposite; away from home sleep is even rarer.

Blog Archive