Tuesday, October 16, 2007


Sleep! Not much to do when you're doing it, but you can't do much without it. Seven solid hours last night; first real sleep I've had in a month or so. I had to force myself out of bed this morning as too much of a good thing is enough; save some for later is my sleep motto.

The days and nights have been extremely beautiful, at least visually as far as weather goes. Otherwise, we are living in the future "American Sahara"! Now nearly 18" below normal precipitation this year; this in an area that averages 42+" per year. A person I know was kept busy this summer carrying water to his "crop". He was lucky, because visiting such a place too often can easily lead to a bust. Anyway, he had a pretty good season for such agriculture; some of the prettiest red and golden buds I've seen in a local variety. They should treat it like other crops; allow them to be entered and judged at the district fair. Oh, but the Age of Aquarius has passed..., and probably never existed in the bible belt.

No comments:

Blog Archive