Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Bath Time

I was just calculating; I got my last haircut in March. That is seven months of Sampson-like, strength building hair growth. That makes me a pretty powerful man, I'd say. I remember the date, because it was the last time I was down to the creek for a bath. That makes me a pretty powerful smelling man, I'd say. I use a lot of smell-well products.

The weather is supposed to turn cooler tomorrow, so I guess I'll see if I can round up a piece of soap and return to the creek beforehand. I always wait 'til night's well on before taking my clothes off in the middle of the outdoor world..., I'm a bit shy. I never tell anyone exactly where I'll go, due to some "friends" with bad camera habits.

I hope I don't set off any water pollution alarms like I did a couple years back. I'd neglected to bathe for more than a year, and I had to use a lot of homemade lye soap, which set things hopping about three-quarters mile downstream. I didn't know the TVA had installed a flow meter and pollution sensor. Imagine my chagrin the next day when I was interrogated about my previous evening's activities. Someone had seen my truck go into the woods, and ratted me out when questioned about "unusual activity" in the area. Worse, I was cited by a Federal Marshall and had to go to court. The judge thought it was funny, but sentenced me to eight hours community service picking up litter form the same stream, plus I had to pay $240.00 court cost.

Now, I'm more careful about where I enter the water, and I try to bathe at least twice a year so as not to have to use lye soap. Live and learn, I reckon.

No comments:

Blog Archive