Friday, October 05, 2007

The drought deepens. We were supposed to have rain this morning, but none was seen at my house.

I went to the top of a hill and and sat in the shade of a turning dogwood tree, pondering the mysteries of life, as is my wont in times of inner turmoil. I settled a few of the points of contention I've had with myself, and opened the eyes of my heart to the natural beauty of the multicolored sky. Soon, I was away from my shady retreat with camera in hand and nothing on my mind except the self gratification of pointing a lens at something that evokes a religious-like reverence in my being. For a few moments at least, I was happy. I smiled at my father the sun, and he rewarded my joy with a display of light, shadow, and color which I haven't seen in quite some time.

Now I smile at you, and hope you will accept my smile. When it has pleased you, pass it on to someone, be it a loved one or a stranger. Sincere happiness is an honor to hold and to share.

No comments:

Blog Archive