Wednesday, October 17, 2007

At about 10:30 last evening, a police officer rang my doorbell. He asked if I was missing any children, and of course I'm not. Someone found a little girl about three years old wandering in the street near my house. The officer left to knock on some more doors, and I haven't been able to find more about this strange happening.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

More on the kid that managed to crack my network security and mess with this remarkable blog; apparently I wasn't the only one to get a visit from him. He's been busted for stealing credit card info from another neighbor, maybe more than one. I didn't rat him out, but I did confront him and got a scared-to-death apology. The final outcome is pending...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The weatherman is threatening us with rain... again! The local television station spent one million dollars on a weather equipment and a computer setup called Vipr. The newscasts are crawling with "meteorologists" and each one of them has to have up to ten minutes to say what they don't know; they are completely clueless. But they do get to go into schoolrooms and tell our youngsters what they do know about the weather forecasting industry. That shouldn't take more than ten seconds and the kiddos do get free balloons with the station logo imprinted, and get to see a genuine "personality" and in some cases, a "celebrity".

-----------------------------------------------------------------

C.M.B.—Where are you? Thank you for stopping by...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm fine. Just laying low for a while. Try to but can't keep away long.

Blog Archive