Sunday, October 14, 2007

Artists

I know, I don't do many Sunday posts...

Artists. Visual artists whom put pencil to paper or brush to canvas. Why do artists do art? Most of them will tell you it darn sure isn't for the money; a lot of them will tell you that it wasn't created for you to see. So why?

I can't answer because I'm not an artist; but I can say what I think is the reason and it has been said by many others. Need! Art is how people express themselves; their true selves. Artists need to put something in front of themselves so they may try to understand why they are. Expression is their passion, and when they create, they bring forth passion in those who see, feel, and try to understand their creations.

One thing for sure, artists are more intelligent than we non-artists. Not necessarily smarter, but they have a better grasp of understanding life's driving force than do we everyday people. I've never met an artist whom is a dolt.

----------------------------------------

C.; I know you've been stopping by and I appreciate it very much. Write when you can...

No comments:

Blog Archive