Wednesday, February 01, 2012

In Dreams ... I walk like a man


Carolyn picked up the Escape; it was taken to a professional carpet cleaner and they still left glass on the floor.
----
Why do people bother going to the polls to vote when the choices they are presented with have zero credibility in their own party? Money talks and money listens.
----
Tomorrow would have been my dad's 91st birthday. Friday would have been my uncle Roy's 91st birthday. If you read my stories, you will find Roy--or his persona--somewhere in most of them. When I was a small boy, Roy and his brother, uncle Fred were always around; my dad was working in Detroit and I didn't see him often. Roy and Fred became my substitute dads and mentors. Roy was street smart and wise in the ways of men and women; Fred was quietly an artist and a man of Nature. Roy taught me to play cards; Fred taught me the ways of bees and trees. Roy was an extrovert; Fred was an introvert. Those two good men, my mother, my grandmother, and in some ways my dad in later years, made me who and what I am today.
----
Have a splendiferous Wednesday!
----

No comments:

Blog Archive