Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Mid-week gleanings


To generate new tax revenue, American cities are turning more and more to annexing vacant property such as farmland. They receive a decent amount of money for the treasury without having to provide much in services. When the land is "improved" with more housing such as a subdivision, they really prosper via the collected taxes. A family's home should not be a money cow for municipalities.

Sammy was here yesterday and Carolyn has gone to get him again today. It is awesome to watch him grow from an infant into a little boy.


L.R. "office" as I write this blog
I may be moving my "office" back to where it was; I think Chris is moving back to her apartment. I will miss her; she is as quiet as a mouse but I can easily realize why she wants to have her own place.

Dry eye and allergies are ruining my day; I've had to hit Ctrl + three times just to be able to hazily see what I am writing. I had planned to pen my thoughts about the search for the Higgs Boson or maybe my take on the theory of Alternate Universes. Oh yes; I do think about such things. In fact, I try, in my mind, to put myself in their shoes, so to speak. There isn't much in this universe that doesn't interest me to some degree. Well, Opera and Ballet are exceptions, however I once saw a topless ballet performance on television and I was quite inspired.

Have a grand ol' Wednesday!

No comments:

Blog Archive