Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Knock-knock


I just realized something: I am the oldest living male in my family. Goes to show the longevity of my immediate ancestors is near the bottom of the national average. I have two aunts older than I, one on each side of the family. Actually, my inner self feels about forty-ish even though the calendar says I am 67. Knocking on heaven's door?  Not unless heaven consists of all the good memories I have stored away. I am forever opening dusty boxes of recollections in my mind's attic, a place where the light is sometimes poor and the memories are often dimmed by shades of time. I like my paradise.
 ----
"Love, and then do what you will."
~ St Augustine as quoted by John Howard Griffin in Black Like Me
 ----
Have a Tuesday!
----

No comments:

Blog Archive