Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Morning things

Spring colors
dddddddd   ;;;rrrrsss;;;;;;;plm nb
Sammy was on my lap and wanted to do the first entry for today’s blog. I think it says “good morning my blog friends”.
I have been trying to teach him to change his own diaper; at seven moths old, it should be a simple task for him but he is refusing to do it. I think he knows how but is being plain stubborn.
----
I got up yesterday morning and my wi-fi did not work but I was fairly busy with tax stuff and did not mess with it, hoping the same gremlin who hacked it would miraculously repair it before today. However, I had to get up this morning and work on it; finally getting it back on the Droid but I have yet to attempt the laptop.
----
I planned to make a photo of our first blooming daffodil this morning, but after getting the Pentax out of the drawer, I found its batteries were dead. It was the first time I’d attempted to use it since mid-November. Carolyn had to go to the store for bread and on to pick up Sammy, so she bought a pack of AA’s for me. I shot the above photo from my bathroom window; yep, I can still multitask.

God Bless Disco!
----
Have a good Wednesday!

4 comments:

Maggie said...

I see that Daffodil. Its a good thing you got to it before Sammy found it and picked it for his Grampa.

So, you used the AA batteries in the good ol' S3 IS for this shot?

Incredible post above. Its pretty scary how our society has changed the communications and values of inter-personal relationships. Well, its pretty scary for us wire-less, witless, non-techies, and its truly a wonderment....wwwhat the hhhh do I know!

Anonymous said...

The daffodil was shot with my Pentax and zoom at 250mm.
I always used rechargeable AA's with the S3 IS but the Pentax eats rechargeables and alkaline AA's. I have to use AA Lithium with it and they are expensive but last a long time.

We are depending too much on mere electrons to do our work and live our lives. A heavy solar storm can take most of it away from us and it will take years and $$$$$ to get it back.

Thanks, Maggie

Maggie said...

Just a wind storm to take our power for a few hours was an eye opener. You know.. I think I could survive it, but it would not be fun. This internet stuff is so very much fun, not to mention the information at our fingertips.

Anonymous said...

Most folk could survive until their device batteries discharge.

Blog Archive