Friday, February 03, 2012

Grits and tits


There are a lot more birds at the feeders here than there were at the old place; probably not as many people have feeders out in this countryside. Or maybe the birds like to watch trains go by while dining. I haven’t seen so many chickadees and tits in one place.
----
Carolyn has gone for her mammogram, or, as she calls it,  “to get my titties squeezed”. Must be very uncomfortable to have done; I’m glad men don’t have to get testicle-ograms.
----
We have a new alarm clock; a peckerwood has been waking us for the past week at around 7:30am by drumming on the side of the house. If I was a homeowner, I would be perturbed by the potential damage that could be done by the love seeking critter, but as a renter, I find it amusing.
----
U.S. unemployment rate is dropping; many desperate white folk are happy to get the minimum wage sweatshop jobs which they used to think were for Blacks and Mexicans. My country ’tis of thee …
----
Have a helluva wicked weekend!
----

No comments:

Blog Archive