Friday, February 20, 2009

Hard Drive Activity


Hair


Today I finally changed out the worrisome hard drive that contains all my photos from the past two years. It took only a few of my many swear words to get the new one up and running, and it is faster than the old one because it is SATA and the other was IDE. The files have been copied, and everything is in order ... I hope. Now I am pooped.
----
Headline: Obama warns mayors not to waste stimulus money. Cripes, doesn't the federal government know where this money is going? Same old lack of oversight? They could cure a big part of the unemployment in this country by hiring enough people to see that the dough is spent properly. Paying those folks would be better than seeing most of it go down a bureaucratic vacuum like the ones state and local governments are used to creating.
----
A lot of people are saying that we should give Obama a chance; I say he blew his credibility when he rushed to Washington during the presidential campaign and voted to give out money to Wall Street. Nope; I say keep his feet to the fire. The more we buy into a politician's rhetoric, the closer we come to losing any hold we have left on the direction this country takes. He is a savvy politician.
----
Eye allergies!
----

4 comments:

Mark said...

May swear list would have run out if I had to work on my computer. LMAO.

So far Obama has been underwhelming and right where I thought he would be but hoped he would not be.

As for unemployment I think there needs to be a federal set amount for the weekly unemployment check.
The max you get in Florida is $275.00 a week. That is the same amount it has been for 15 years or so. Just plain sad.

Obama needs to be held to his promises. So far he has gotten away with things that I would have thought the electorate would not be happy with. I guess the Bush years fatigue has us dumbed down still.

Anonymous said...

I think you nailed it. Bush has worn us down.

Our government is like a blind man with only one arm driving nails into our coffin lid. A lot of nails will be wasted, but sooner or later the job will be completed.

Tenn. adjusts their unemployment with inflation ... sometimes, yet it is only about $250/wk.

Mark said...

Crazy how unemployment payouts are so poor.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, particularly considering how much employers have to pay into the insurance fund, including Federal and state.

Blog Archive