Monday, February 09, 2009

Haircuts and heroes

I got my first haircut since early autumn; I figured now would be a good time with the temps supposed to get into the 70's today. Carolyn is my reluctant barber.
----
If you don't see much of me on the net for awhile, it will be because I have some heavy-duty R.A. problems. They have been ongoing for the past two weeks, and have been worse for the past few days. On top of that, I have an infected callous on the bottom of my foot, and it makes walking that much more difficult.

I will try to keep this blog updated because I believe the world would come to an end if it didn't have a fresh supply of my B.S to run on and I don't want that on my already overloaded conscience. Actually, I enjoy writing so much that I would come to an end if I could not do so.
----
I see that the crew of the airliner that made the emergency landing in the Hudson River a few weeks ago is getting all kinds of accolades. They did a good job keeping the passengers informed and as at ease as possible, plus landing the plane so everyone could be rescued. Designating them as heroes is a little beyond my comprehension because what they were doing was their job. What else could they have done? They did not put themselves in peril to save others only; they were also saving themselves. I suppose anything positive in times of ongoing bad news is good to hear.
----
Later, Dudes and Dude-etts.
----

2 comments:

Mark said...

The weather has been perfect here the last few days. The best time of the year in Florida.

The word hero is used way too loosely these days. Hell I do not even know if we even have real hero's anymore. We have yet ruined another word.

Take care of the R.A. and I will keep up the good fight.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Mark. :-)

Blog Archive