Thursday, August 28, 2008





Got up early and went to doc's office for the blood work, which turned out fine. I won't have this particular one done again for a month.
----
Ok, I've had enough rain for a while, drought or no drought! A spot of sunshine will be in order for tomorrow, and somebody better see that it happens! I did get to sit on the open side of the porch for a while today when the rain abated a bit. The squirrels were happy to see me.
----
Dad gum tv is working again! All summer long a tree limb and leaves has blocked reception of our satellite dish, and all summer long I didn't care. I can get local stations with rabbit ears, so what the heck! The dish—which I installed on the back porch all by little myself—has been in the same place for 10 years, so I can't really complain. Directv was supposed to come out Tuesday past and move the dish, but they called and said the rain would prevent it and we would have to call for another appointment. Carolyn did so, and the earliest they could get to us was to be the fifth of September. Not good enough, because Tennessee football begins Monday! Carolyn told them "No Thanks"! Later, they called back and asked if the work had been completed! I talked to a woman this time, and explained that we had been with them for 10 years, had never been late with a payment, and that I think they should be able to accomodate us. I also told her we would go back to the hated cable if they didn't, and I wasn't lieing to her. Comcast has a special this month where I can get a full year of tv for $25 per month. No contracts or gimmicks. I am paying Directv $70 per month and no premium services. She said she would see what she could do.

The service men showed up unannounced today, and put the ugliest satellite dish I have ever seen on the side of my house. It looks like an alien flying saucer has crash landed against the genuine plastic siding. Now I will have to buy a shrub to hide it; if I can find a shrub that is big enough.
----
Is the convention over? If so, whom won? Yep, not having tv has been a blessing, except I've missed Spongebob Squarepants.
---
Hey! The sun just popped out! I am outta here!

No comments:

Blog Archive