Tuesday, March 25, 2008


Flowers for my nurses.


Some more people deserve a tip of my sombrero for treating me so well while in hospital. Lauren and Kay are two of my day nurses who bothered to spend extra time with me. Lauren for taking me to the day room on Sunday so I could use the computer, and Kay for hiding out from her boss in my room and swapping stories with me. Also to Sundae, my night CNA, who made sure my pills were taken and who drew blood every morning at 4:00.
----
More about my nurses. Kay is the nurse who found I wasn't able to go home and made me go back to bed. Thank you Kay; you saved me a lot of future grief. Kay is tall and slender and pretty with brownish-blond hair, and is always peering over her reading glasses. She lives with her husband in Radford VA, which is about 150 miles away, I suppose. She is a "traveling nurse," going to work where the money is, and JCMC has the best money in her travel radius. A lot like I was as a tramp electrician, although I dared not call her a tramp nurse. She stays locally on work days, and commutes to Radford and back on her days off. Another good thing about her and the rest of the nurses in the part of the hospital where I was kept, is they only have four patients each to care for. I got a lot of TLC. The few patients to care for and the big bucks (Well earned? You bet!) makes the job quite attractive to top nurses, and mine were tops.
----
Nurse Lauren is from Elizabethton, just a few miles from the hospital. She is a young, single, raven haired woman whom is as nice as they come. One day, Carolyn was going to help me get into the shower stall and Lauren misunderstood and thought that Carolyn was going to help me take a shower. She looked at me with the sternest face she could muster (it wasn't very stern from a face so pretty) and told me not to do anything in the shower to get my heart rate up. For a moment I was taken aback, then I laughed and promised not to be naughty. Laughing at her remark got my pulse running faster than anything I had planned for the shower.
----
CNA Sundae lives in or near the town of Roan Mountain. She doesn't talk much, but she is very, very nice to all her patients. She also is jet-black haired and pretty. She was my night CNA all but one time.
----
Sometimes hospital isn't half bad.
----
Rode with Carolyn to look at a new job to bid on. It is small and only one day per week, but it is close by and we want it. Even managed to get a decent photo while waiting on her; a water tank.

No comments:

Blog Archive