Monday, March 24, 2008


For Alice

Went for my weekly shot today—the one they forgot to give me in hospital—where Doctor deWit checked my heart rate and it was fine.
----
Meanwhile back at the ranch, we have snow flurries.
----
Sadly, the Lady Bucs lost a well played game and were eliminated from the NCAA tournament. They should be proud and so should be the community. The women accomplished much with a a small but loud fan base in a place that isn't used to winning in anything but men's golf. The college administration has done little to support the sports program, so the ladies' appearance in the tournament was quite surprising to most.

Meanwhile, the Lady Vols won a not so pretty game against a good Oral Roberts University team. It won't be so easy from here on.
----
More later...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the beautiful spring picture. I am sad also the lady bucks lost. We will have keep cheering for the lady vols. I have more than snow flurries at my house. I already have about an inch of snow and it is snowing.
Alice

KenA said...

Hi Alice. It snowed as hard as I've ever seen it here about 30 min ago. We got maybe a half-inch.
I'm looking through old photos... maybe a surprise or two for you...

Mark said...

I am lucky I'll will get a chance to see the Lady Huskies, Uconn, play the Lady Vols in the final four since the final four is in Tampa this year. Being from Ct. orginally I am a big Huskies fan.

That would be a great game.

KenA said...

Ha! if the lady Vols get that far. I don't think they have the dedication to make the big game, even though they played well last evening.

Geno A. is to the Lady Vols what Spurrier was to the football squad; a royal pain in the butt. I love the Lady Vols, but I would like to see Rutgers get another chance. Springer deserves a shot.

Of course there is the little thing called North Carolina to be dealt with. And Maryland is playing well, as is Stanford.

Damn, I envy you getting to see the big one.

Blog Archive