Monday, March 31, 2008


Alice brought me a violet


Two weeks left in tax season and I'm still procrastinating. Finally finished Jeremy's taxes and will e-file his federal later today. On ours, I have filled out the income part, but haven't begun the expenses. It looks to be about the same as last year
when we got a small refund. Income is up slightly but expenses are up greatly. It is difficult to get into taxes with the improving weather and photos needing to be made.
----
Rode with Carolyn to Sam's Club today and then had her take me by and old and abandoned grist mill on Knob Creek. The old place needs some TLC. Got a couple decent photos, using the pocket Olympus camera.
The Olympus is an enigma. On bright days, it takes very good photos, but when the day is overcast and dull, the results are terrible and mostly unusable. All photos made with the little fellow need a lot of work in software because they are "soft" and lacking in contrast and sharpness. I have to use ISO 200 just to get a decent shutter speed. Can't expect too much from an inexpensive camera, though.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my violets that hadn't bloomed in years is blooming, maybe it was because I brought you one. Glad you are feeling better.
Alice

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Alice.
The one you brought me is doing well and probably did have a Zen influence on your violet.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If ossible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aparelho de DVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aparelho-dvd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Blog Archive