Monday, November 03, 2008


Snow on Unaka


Tennessee football head coach Phillip Fulmer was fired from the University of Tennessee today.

I hope the nation will follow this by firing the Republican Party from Washington DC. Fulmer was dismissed for taking high school All-American players and turning them into a mediocre (that is being generous) football squad. The Republican Party has taken all of America and turned it into a financial and diplomatic wreck.
----
I was a little leery about going into the mountains last Saturday for photo making. The woods on the Limestone Cove side were full of hunters, and we didn't have a thing with loud colors to wear. These fellows have been known to shoot each other even when they are covered in blaze orange.
----
I read where a woman was wounded by a rifle bullet falling from the sky while she was inside her motor home at yesterday's NASCAR race in Texas. The shot was probably fired into the air by an NRA member or supporter!
----
I received an email from moveon.org explaining why I should vote for Obama in a state that is obviously Republican. Following is one of the reasons:

People died so you'd have the right to vote. Self-government (by) voting to choose our own leaders is the original American dream. We are heir to a centuries-long struggle for freedom: the American revolution, and the battles to extend the franchise to those without property, to women, to people of color, and to young people. This year, many will still be denied their right to vote. For those of us who have that right, it's precious. If we waste it, we dishonor those who fought for it and those who fight still.

They also fight for the right of "choice"! I have the right to choose not to vote if I don't want to for any or no reason. My dad fought and bled for you and I to have the right of choice, and he never voted in his entire 65 years of life! It is called FREEDOM! You are sounding more and more like what you say you are trying to change. The Republicans use fear tactics and you use shame propaganda! I expect no one to march to the beat of my drum, and I sure as hell am not marching to to anyone else's! Give me an honest candidate whose heart isn't consumed by the greed for power! Give me an honest candidate whose heart is devoted entirely to what is best for the United States of America and not some party ideology, and that candidate will have my honest vote. If I can't trust the person whom will be commander-in-chief, I cannot vote.

I still support Obama on the principle of needed change, but I trust neither candidate.

4 comments:

Mark said...

I get emails from moveon.org, however I have them go to my work email. They are the worst spammers out there.

You will get your wish about Republicans getting fired. Now we Dems better get our act together and fix things.

Anonymous said...

My moveon.org email goes to a junk mail address. I spent a couple hours this weekend making long distance calls into North Carolina on Obama's behalf. I got a list of numbers from moveon.org. Hope it helps over there.

I hope so, Mark. I saw on the news last evening they expect the Tampa area to be the key "decider" in Florida.

Mark said...

Well this is a key area for sure.
McCain was here yesterday so you know he thinks it is important.

I am not sure what to expect from Hillsborough County. If Obama wins here it will be big. I see many many more Obama signs than I ever saw for Gore or Kerry.

I had visits from the Obama people this weekend. One of the guys who came was from New York City. So they were working it from all over.

Anonymous said...

Y'all kicked ass, Mark!

Blog Archive