Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Nothing Important ...


Red Maple


The weather is supposed to be plenty Novemberish for the week's remainder, with rain each day and maybe snow showers Saturday night. Today is overcast, threatening, and beautiful; it is another day closer to SPRING! If anyone in the USA (or Canada) needs rain more than do we in East Tennessee, they are in very deep doo-doo!
----
Carolyn is making her weekly journey to the hairdresser this morning. This time she will have color put on her hair and a bit of trim work done. I wonder what she looks like gray haired ...?

She will go from there to Lowe's for bird food, suet blocks, furnace filters, and vacuum cleaner electrical repair parts and bags. We may get hungry, but the critters will eat. Rightfully so!
----
I must agree with Robert Reich's blog of 11/11/08 concerning the giveaway to Wall Street; it would be much better for the American taxpayer if firms like AIG and the "banks" were to file for bankruptcy protection instead of leeching from us. Mr. Reich is an adviser for Mr. Obama and was so at the time of the bailout vote that the president-elect embraced. Either this advice wasn't given then, or wasn't heeded. I feel it is the latter, due to the fact that large corporations do, did, and will continue to own elected American government officials. As I could not forgive Hillary Clinton for her Iraq war vote, I cannot forgive Barack Obama for this particular bit of incompetence.
----
We had pinto beans and fried taters with onions for supper last evening. I like simple food like that better than anything. It was what I was raised on and may end up killing me, but I hope to go with a belly full of it. Another good thing; I don't have to pretend to know what kind of wine to have with it. I usually have a caffeine free diet Pepsi with my meals or just plain flltered water.

For you out of staters, in Tennessee you can't buy table wine in a grocery store. You have to go to a liquor store and tote it out in a brown poke. 'Tain't no wonder we is Republicans! We still has to sneak around to sin.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Well if things get tough you can dine on suet and diet Pepsi.

I agree that Barack failed us on the bailout package. All politics on that vote. He knew that the economy was the stake in McCains campaign and used it to his advantage.

I also never understood the "this wine with this and this with that" it always seemed a little snobby to me. But I am a cynic.

Anonymous said...

These bad decisions that politicians are amking just end up sticking it to us.

I think more pretentious than snobby as far as table wine goes. I still like cheap sparkling red wine. Regular wine seems so flat. Hell, Mad Dog and Thunderbird are good enough for my purposes, which is to get drunk.

Blog Archive