Friday, November 21, 2008





Another shot Friday. Noticed gasoline is $1.78/gal. for regular. I wonder why W isn't taking credit for this big drop in oil prices? No, I don't really wonder about that!
----
We had snow showers last night and today, but the sky seems to be clearing from the west. Supposed to get down to -8C tonight. My friend from Alberta, Canada says she still has roses blooming. I can't understand why folks that live so close to the Arctic circle have better winter weather than do we so called southerners. No wonder I didn't do well in school; I maintain a state of confusion bordering on desperation!

Some things I don't like about winter:
  • No matter how many clothes I put on, I am never completely warm when I go outside
  • Elderly drivers slow down even more in winter
  • My suntan fades completely except for my left arm
  • Christmas
  • February
  • Not enough daylight hours
  • No wildflowers
  • Colds and flu
  • People whom drive four-wheel drive vehicles on slick roads seem to think they will stop quicker than two-wheel drive cars
  • I can't get a decent bath until the spring thaw
What I like about winter:
  • What would spring be without it?
----
I saw in the local rag that our large metropolitan airport now has non-stop flights to Tampa. Didn't say if any of them ever come back. Tough titties, Mark; you may have to keep them.
----
Obama promised to put the best people in his cabinet, and I see where one of the best is a wealthy contributor from Chicago and a man instrumental in buying him the election. Amen.
----

2 comments:

Mark said...

It seems a little odd how gas has dropped so much. This is just another stage in the manipulation of fuel prices. I'll take it for now.

We can take a few more out of staters. The state needs their tax dollars. Our deficiet is 1.5 billion. Although if less people came I would be happy. the roads would less cramped.

Anonymous said...

11/24/08-Our gas is now at $1.69 in a station or two. We all should pull a John Denver trick; put in a huge gas tank on our property and then sing about how well we love the environment.

The non-stops to Tampa won't last long. Most people from here drive 90 mi. to Knoxville and take a plane from there. They save big bucks.

Blog Archive