Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Today has been a pretty good one. Felt darn good, and was able to do some serious photo editing. I dread the next couple of days, though; anticipation always makes me edgy.

I hope to get some things done that I've put off for too long a time. Alas, there will always be something else pop up. But, I don't back down from a challenge, and I've never allowed anything in my control to whip me. That is my definition of freedom. Of course, I'm not as young as I want to be, so I don't have as many things in my control.

I've never been one to heed the signs society places in my path, unless it is convenient for me to do so and I benefit from them in some direct way. Even at that, I'm not much of a law breaker or even a law bender. I'm a modifier of rules. Your rules don't apply to me and I hope you have sense enough not to let my rules affect you. My rules are very easy for me to follow; so easy in fact that I've pared them all down to just one simple set; Be Nice, Be Loyal, and Be Respectful. These simple tenets are easily modifiable to a more or less degree, according to person I am dealing with.

Enough of my self-righteous bullshit; how are you all doing?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you had a good day on Wednesday - long may your good days continue.

Anticipation. Is that of the intended visit/move? Remember, a change is as good as a rest!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Trudy and thanks.

Yes, it is anticipation at being away for a few days. Except for going off for a family death, my wife and I haven't been away from home together since 1965. Sad.

Anonymous said...

Ken,

Maybe not sad. You live in a beautiful area perhaps contentment is a better word. Either way - enjoy your break. Let me know how it goes.

I was surprised to learn that you may be thinking of moving house though?

Anonymous said...

I think contentment is the right word, Judy. Wherever I go to live, if anywhere else, I will stay close to my mountains. They are so much a part of me that, well, it is really difficult to describe. I am them; they are me.

I'll leave y'all something on Flickr this evening. :)

Anonymous said...

It wasn't Judy Ken it was me. Sorry I forgot to fill in my name and once posted I couldn't manage to edit it.

Hope the weekend went well.

Anonymous said...

I knew would get your and Judi's names mixed up sooner or later. Sorry and thanks.

Blog Archive