Friday, March 09, 2007

Today

Not much today. Left shoulder pain kept me awake most of last night. Guess I'll have to have a replacement done soon, but the right knee will have to be replaced first. Can't have crutches or a walker putting a lot of pressure on a shoulder prostheses, they say. Having the two hips replaced was a piece of cake. The knee left knee was a whole different story. Much pain and long recovery. The surgery was a week after 9/11, and the replacement still hurts on occasion. The plate in my left wrist is beginning to act up. It's been 20 years since it was inserted, and that is about the lifetime of such things, as I understand it.

When a person has had this ailment as long as I have, pain becomes relative. It's something that I've learned to live with, albeit grudgingly. Sometimes though, the mental pain that accompanies the physical part can be much more damaging. It affects not only me, but the people that I care for the most.

I am working on a new short story that I thought about while waiting for sleep to come, and I expect it to be one of my best. It's about country boys, dope, and milking cows. The night wasn't all wasted, I guess.

For Walt, if you read this. You were right and I removed the two posts. Thanks, Bro.

Peace, and as Dr. Sidney Freeman said on a M*A*S*H television episode, "People, take my advice; pull down your pants and slide on the ice".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you are having so much pain.
I think I am probably one of your transplanted friends from Texas.
I ejoyed your other articles.
Yes, I have known for a long time
how you feel about religion.
I don't really know how they would know if that was really Jesus Tomb.
Alice

Blog Archive