Thursday, March 29, 2007

Slo-o-o-o-w

Rain showers today.

The rest of the janitor equipment came yesterday, and we are trying to get it assembled. The vacuums should be good for five or more years, and the burnisher for seven or eight.

Completed second draft of a short story last evening. The setting is a battlefield in France during The Great War. This is one of the few stories that I've made up that isn't set in my hills. Following is a snippet.

The Senator assured mom that I would be fine, and twice I've survived being grazed by bullets. But now I'm dying under the weight of this goddamn piss-elm tree, or whatever kind it is that grows in this forsaken corner of perdition, and it all reaffirms my conviction that the crap issued by a politician's mouth has far less substance than puke spewing from a gutter-sot.
© 2007 by Ken Anderson. All rights reserved.

Like I said, it's only a draft.

You can beat me down with your might
You can beat me down with your laws
I will not go to my knees because of your words

-kwa


No comments:

Blog Archive