Saturday, March 24, 2007

Alone

My today began with cloudy skies that have now turned clear. A friendlier-than-most Mocking Bird is at the end of the porch letting me know that he is handsomer and can sing much better than I. We seem to enjoy being alive this day.

Carolyn is off to Wally World and I'm alone with my thoughts. When the bird leaves my company, I'll listen to some Robert Johnson blues on the outside speakers. I may have to get a personal mp3 player 'cause the neighbors don't always take kindly to my eclectic music. That's what I miss most about country living; solitude.

Now, the temperature has climbed into the low-eighties, and I may have to abandon my perch and seek shade.

"Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream."-Malcolm Muggeridge


No comments:

Blog Archive