Saturday, March 10, 2007

Last Day Before DST

Spring time and I'm happy. I finished my short story this morning, and the sun is shining. Carolyn made my favorite breakfast; sawmill gravy, home made biscuits, country ham and crispy fried potatoes, a hard-fried egg, and some strong coffee. Wow! I wonder what she wants. Whatever it is, I'll try to see that she gets it. Maybe it wasn't the healthiest meal in the world, but one like this comes around so rarely. Simple things are the finest things. Excuse me while I get a seltzer.

And hello, Alice. Glad that you are still checking on me from time-to-time. Thanks for your comment on yesterday's post. Yes, you and Fred are the Texas transplants that I referred to.

For the religion part, I don't dislike that as much I do poor science, such as that depicted in the television show. When you have faith, then you have it for your own good reason. At one time, I shared the same faith as you. That show took a huge leap of faith trying to convince a skeptical world that there is any kind of real proof of the programs hypothesis.

Now, when I see obituaries in the newspaper that say such-and-such persons have gone to be with Jesus, in my mind's eye I see them pushing and shoving, trying to get into that little stone coffin. Depressing.

Like I said, the pain is relative. Things like a beautiful spring day, a satisfying meal or a kind word from a friend tends to desensitize the hurt.

"Here's looking at you, kid."

No comments:

Blog Archive