Thursday, September 04, 2014

Thursday's child


Happy Birthday, Aunt Ivy!

Another week about gone. Thursday is a decent day; I was born on a Thursday. I remember it well, too. Hot, it was. My soon to be mom was with the family, hoeing weeds from the tobacco patch. They had just returned to work after dinner when I decided I had enough of the over-heated swimming pool I had been in for months so i began kicking and screaming to be turned loose into the big world. All work immediately ceased and just after three o’clock I was brought into the light by Dr. Brabson whom had been summoned from Jonesboro by one of my uncles walking the two miles to town I was born a bluish color and the doc couldn’t get me to draw my first breath. After the normal procedures all failed, they tried alternating warm and cold water on me which were of no avail; I was just being stubborn. One of the mid-wives lurking about took me on her lap and began to shake me with her knees. Nothing. The doc then went to my mom and told her that I would not live and just then I squawed, pooped, and came to be. Here I am three score and ten years later and I am still stubborn.

I said my goodbyes on Flickr, fixed my blogs to where they won’t be broadcast around the web, took care of a few more problems, and am now in pretty good surfing shape. One thing I want to do is rid myself of my G+ account but Google–in its heavenly wisdom–forces my Youtube account to be tied to G+. If I remove G+, I can no longer upload my videos like I used to and I do not want to delete the Youtube movies of the boys.

No comments:

Blog Archive