Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving dinner 2011

I ate at my desk
Hope my American friends had a great Thanksgiving Day and for friends in other countries who didn’t celebrate the holiday, I hope your day was exceptionally nice.

Carolyn had a so-so day of cooking, but the end justified a bit of angst she endured. First, her macaroni and cheese stuck and scorched in the pot. Then she brought me a sample of my favorite part of the holiday meal, dressing, and said it didn’t taste right. I tried it and was gracious in agreeing; it basically wasn’t finished baking because the onions and celery was still somewhat hard. Back in the oven it went and came out tasting much better. The day was good except that Jeremy, Courtney, Keegan, Jerry, and Tammy could not be with us. The eleven guests who were here had plenty to eat, and no fights broke out. Sammy provided entertainment.

Carolyn tried a new green bean casserole; it had mushroom soup as an ingredient and she feared no one would like it. It was delicious.

I had a vegetarian dinner; no turkey.

Carolyn is at Ashley’s where, along with Chris, they are putting up Sammy’s first Christmas tree.

My apology for the low sound volume on Sammy’s video; I think I must have had the microphone partially blocked with my finger. The flick was made with my Droid X.

Have a great weekend, my friends!
----

No comments:

Blog Archive